[gameprogrammer] Re: server side scripting

  • From: "Chris Nystrom" <cnystrom@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 18:17:41 -0500

On 5/25/07, Roger D Vargas <luo_hei@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have designed my server oriented to heavy scripting. C++ code does low
level stuff, but knows nothing about entity attributes (stats, skills,
items). All that stuff is handled by lua scripts.
A friend told me that approach is very bad. His solution is to define a
server/client specific language that gets checked at compilation time,
opposite to my approach (code is checked at runtime).
REally is that bad to make server dependant of scripts?

Does your code work?

How good is your friends game?

Chris

--