[gameprogrammer] Re: about AMD processors

  • From: Bob Pendleton <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 20:30:06 -0500

I've been using AMD CPUs since the 386. In fact, my 386/30 and 486/100
were AMD processors :-). I also use Intel processors. AMD has
consistently provided better performance for the dollar than Intel.
Yeah, there have been times when that wasn't true, but, for most of
the last 17 years it has been true. OTOH, at the very high end Intel
usually has the fastest newest processor, but you pay a huge premium
for them.

I generally look at my budget and buy the highest performance
motherboard available in my price range, and for some reason it
usually comes with an AMD processor.

Just my humble opinion.

Bob Pendleton