[gameprogrammer] Re: Simple C++ Program

  • From: "Mark Silence" <madasi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 21:16:37 -0500

On 9/24/06, boris Jiron <xxlildragonjr@xxxxxxx> wrote:

As I said before I am new to programming. Do you think you could give me an example of the code?

If you are new to programming, and taking a beginning class, then you may not have gotten into arrays yet.

If this is the case, an alternate, much messier, method of
accomplishing this objective would be simply printing strings.

I'd try basically the same approach as Mike and Jake suggested, start
by using something like
cout <<  "MMMMMMMMMM DDDDDDDDDD SSSSSSSSSS" << endl;

you will nead to adjust the number of letters and number of cout
statements to get a block of letters the size you want. Then, begin
replacing letters with spaces inside the strings to begin forming the
shape of the larger letter.

-- Mark Silence | Blog? Isn't it mandatory? Madasi@xxxxxxxxx | http://madasi.blogspot.com/ "I reject your reality, and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage, Mythbusters