[gameprogrammer] Re: New to Game Programming ...... Plz HELP AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHRGH

  • From: Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 09:54:20 -0700

Yeah listen to Olof (:

If you jump right into C++ you will be overwhelmed and give up!

Get dark basic and instead of stumbling over learning how to code
really complicated algorithms, you'll be able to get into the game
programming itself and make cool stuff.

After a while of doing this you will understand moer how game
programming works and if your a glutton for punishment and serious
about game programming then you can move to a language like C++!

Like he said, game programming is painful and lots of work but oh so addicting.

And of course if you need help with techniques we are here to help! (:

Welcome to a world of pain hehehe...i mean fun... yeah :P