[gameprogrammer] Re: Juan Carlos Cazar is out of the office.

  • From: "Paul Smith" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2006 23:53:48 +0100

It's latin.  Ante meridian (a.m.) is before midday and post meridian (p.m.)
is after.

On 10/8/06, David Cornell <kaosboy192000@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It is an industry standard of sorts. It doesn't have to make sense as long as everyone uses it in their documentation. AM is from midnight to 11 in the morning, and PM is from mid-day (noon) to 11 at night. No clue what they mean, but that's what they stand for. Maybe Mr. Cazar is a moderator?

*Christoph Harder <shadowomf@xxxxxxxx>* wrote:

I still don't understand why american write mm/dd/yy but also use
something like "2nd december 2006", isn't the dd/mm/yy format more
logical?
Same thing with this am/pm in the time, I never know what is when :)

Anyway, why do Juan Carlos Cazar send this message to the maillinglist?
I don't see any relationship.

Christoph

David Olsen wrote: > For just a moment, I thought he was going to be out for 10 *months*, > not 10 days... (I'm used to American date format). > -Dave > > ----- Original Message ----- From: "Juan Carlos Cazar" > > To: > Sent: Saturday, October 07, 2006 4:01 PM > Subject: [gameprogrammer] Juan Carlos Cazar is out of the office.

Paul Smith
Computer programmer

paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx