[gameprogrammer] Re: Free Select Tool

  • From: Nick Howes <csucew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 13:14:21 +0000

You could try looking up the "inside test" for polygons... you can use
that to check what is inside a polygon... or look up flood-fill
algorithms if you are trying a freehand pixel-based selection, as those
algorithms select pixels to paint within a region which you can adapt to
make a selection.

I haven't tried any of this but it's what I can think of, hope it helps
Nick H