Re: Best format to store for web app

  • From: Brendan Murphy <bmurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ftcdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 03:01:53 -0500

Secondly, can I use the FTC code as the XML-> RTF transformer without needing an instance of the FTC canvas?
Any tips on doing this with the current FTC code base?

I had a little inspiration on how to do this. Let me do a little
experiment and get back to you on this.

I created an independent method for you to call that
will accomplish what you are looking for. The method will be in
the next preview with the following signature in the FTUtilities
module.

Function ftcXMLToRTF(xml as string) as string

This basically creates an invisible window with an FTC control in
it and stuffs the XML into the FTC and then pulls out the RTF data
thus utilizing all of the FTC software base code.

Pretty slick!

FTC Website: www.truenorthsoftware.com/Realbasic/FormattedText.html
Set List Options (digest and vacation modes): www.freelists.org/list/ftcdev
the subject field.