[fsf60k] web sighting

  • From: richard wiltamuth <dwiltam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fsf60k@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 16:54:56 -0500

dear friends,
at last night's meeting, jim burke was welcomed. he offered his services to
help expand our long-awaited web site into a full-service joint. jim is a
key player in the tech-oriented senior net, which is part of the family
service league in huntington, and has much experience in birthing web sites
for nonprofits. he was told that copious content exists, and he told us that
we will be responsible for editing and updating content. jim plans to work
with jen brady-cotter to make the web site happen soon. jim said that some
minimal fees will be charged for having the site on servers, on the order of
$8-$15 per month. others in attendance pledged their hands-on support for
making the site better. friends needs the site to promote donations and to
solidify links among more than 600 facebook connections that have been made.
in other business, it was reported that joann moran has made progress with
the northport little league, which apparently has agreed to hold a
fundraiser and donate baseball equipment. the beneficiary would be the
proposed "field of dreams" baseball facility on our land adjacent to
chacraseca's largest school complex.
in connection with the field of dreams, pete white proposes to send about
200 letters to major league players soon asking for their support.
a report for which we paid $3,000 is expected late this month from the
municipal government of telica. its study is supposed to spell out how water
can be provided to nuevo amanecer and two other nearby communities. mike
cipoletti and shari kornblatt are on the scene pursuing the matter.

***
You can unsubscribe from this list by sending an email to
fsf60k-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the subject field.
An archive of messages is available at //www.freelists.org/archives/fsf60k.
FAQ'are available at //www.freelists.org/help/faq.html***