[fsf60k] Re: fsf60k Digest V7 #41

  • From: richard wiltamuth <dwiltam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fsf60k@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 17:04:46 -0400

dear friends,
thanks to kate and pete for sending report on the monthly meeting. having
these reports makes me, for one, feel like i have a handle on what's going
on.
as for the $1,300 ($1,200?) to be raised for the sg match, again suggest
sending out a press release requesting donations and informing people about
our housing campaign. i would be happy to write it and seek comments before
sending to observer, record, newsday, etc. even if release doesn't raise a
dime, will gain us some visibility in the community, letting people know
we're accomplishing things. assuming we reach $10,000, would do another
release thanking donors. getting a $10,000 grant is not an everyday event,
so am sure we'll get positive coverage.
sg gave us 90 days to raise the $10,000; the deadline is about july 10. it
would be a shame to come so close and not make the match.
best,
dick wiltamuth