[fsf60k] Re: Meeting in Telica

  • From: kcshr@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: fsf60k@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 14:12:27 -0600 (CST)

 cogratulations!  All the hard work is paying off.
Kate
Mar 10, 2010 01:22:52 PM, fsf60k@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
***This is a = message from a member of Friends of Students for 60,000***
Good afte= rnoon everyone.
Conchita Shari and I along with several of the students= representing our
twotrips met with the mayor of Telica this morning at 9a= m.
The meeting went well.
The study is nearing completion and it is = a thorough hydrological studying
being done with the assistance of Andrew a= n English Hydrologist with many
years of experience in Nicaragua.
The l= ocation of the well has been decided and it will be located in Las
Sirenas.=
On the morning of Saturday March 27th we will have a meeting in Nuevo w= ith
the mayor and several other people of importance present to discuss the=
project with the people of Nuevo.
The mayor's office will be sending an= email today explaining what has been
done and how we will continue to proc= eed.
They stressed their desire to ensure the study is executed and com= peted
properly and thoroughly so we can go through this process properly an= d
solve this issue once and for all.
The mayor is going to be figuring = out a way to allocate some money to help
with the current crisis in Telica = and we discussed at length various
methods to ensure even distribution of t= he water to the 58 houses in
Nuevo.
Conchita Shari and I left the meeti= ng feeling very happy and we really see
this project coming together.
I = believe in the mayor of Telica and feel that they are sincerely doing
every= thing they can to ensure clean potable water for the people of the
three co= mmunities.
The mayor also stressed the importance of getting the people= of Nuevo
involved in the process and making them realize that this is not =
Friends/Students/Telica's water project but the communities and they need t=
o take ownership.
A coordinator fot the project has been appointed from = the area but from
outside of the 3 communities and he will be present at th= e meeting on the
27th..
This is happening!!
In two weeks we will begi= n to move forward!
Michael

***
You can unsubscribe from th= is list by sending an email to
fsf60k-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscri= be' in the subject field.
An archive of messages is available at http://=
www.freelists.org/archives/fsf60k.
FAQ'are available at http://www.freel= ists.org/help/faq.html***