[fruityloops] new soundcard?

  • From: "Sinatra Y2k" <sinatra_y2k@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 09:18:06 -0700

I don't know how much you guys know about this stuff ... I'm currently using a
SB Live with Fruity Loops (almost exclusively, though I have Sonar ambitions)
with soft synths of various kinds ... I've got the chance to pick up a new
soundcard for what I believe is an excellent price (Audiophile 2496 for $100.00
Cdn. , supposedly mint).

Since I'm mostly using samples and softsynths, do you think there will be a
noticeable improvement in quality/fidelity? Or is the improvement mostly in the
In/Outs and convertors, which I don't use so much, at least for now?   Or will
the jump to 24/96 make a big difference (or at least a $100.00 difference?)

Peace!