[fruityloops] Re: Rendering?

  • From: "xk" <xk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 10:02:53 +0300

> Finally, I use WinLame to encode to mp3 on the best quality setting.
> WinLame also has a lot more options to choose from, plus it can also
produce
> ogg files if you like that sort of thing :-).

A might suggest you try a few other encoders. I don't know how WinLame is
but I can tell you that they sound VERY different. Some (like Blade), even
in 192 kHz sound worse than other (MP3 Compressor) in 128 kHz. They have
serious artifacts (hollow wood sounds).

The encoder from Sound Forge, which is pretty good quality, takes hours to
compress a file. The encoder from Cakewalk Pro 9.0 it slow and has
artifacts, which surprises me, because it's based on Fraunhofer IIS code.

The best compressor I've seen so far: MP3 Compressor (uses Fraunhofer IIS
ACM codec). Best thing about it: It's freeware!!! The link:
www.chez.com/mp3hc. This is from 1997, so it could be dead. But I can give
it to you if anyone wants it.