[fruityloops] Re: Rendering?

  • From: "Andy Ebling" <andyebling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 08:12:27 +0100

> The encoder from Sound Forge, which is pretty good quality, takes hours to
> compress a file. The encoder from Cakewalk Pro 9.0 it slow and has
> artifacts, which surprises me, because it's based on Fraunhofer IIS code.

I've been horrified by the sound of most encoders based on the Fraunhofer
reference code!  WinLame is based on the Lame code, which is 100% Fraunhofer
Free (tm) code and was the best sounding encoder to my ears, last time I did
a comparison.  Lame is still in active development which means that it is
getting better all the time.