FRTM - Re: [FWD: Re: What a super meeting last night!]

  • From: shellyquintana@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: frtm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 17:16:07 +0000 (UTC)

Hello Dirk:

Sounds like I missed another terrific meeting last night.  I just wanted to let
you know I'm withdrawing from Front Range Toastmasters, but want to thank
everyone for an awesome experience.

I'll miss seeing that bright ball of sunshine, Rayna, most of all.  I think
she'd be great at holding the Sgt. of Arms position.

Take care and best to all :-)

Shelly

From: Terry Schuman <terry.schuman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, August 07, 2009 6:47 am
To: dirk@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Dirk,
This is another prime example of what a professional club you have- giving even
more feedback and follow-up quickly after a meeting. I really did feel at home
last night at the meeting, and know that I can learn a lot from you. Hopefully
I will be able to officially join in October, but until then will continue to
attend as a Preferred Member.

Concerning next week's meeting in the park- I plan on attending and am
wondering if this is something I could bring my wife to as well?

Thanks again, and I look forward to hearing about your planned educational
meetings,
-Terry

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 6:29 AM, < dirk@xxxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:

Friends,

I just wanted to say... Wow!  Pat , your meeting ran like clockwork.  Everybody
stepped to the plate in a very professional and competent manner last night.

Ken Stelman gave his Ice Breaker... a heartfelt Lost-and-Found story about his
buddy Davie.  Your planning and preparation paid off.  What an Ice Breaker.

Greg Krueger  gave a presentation about the insanity of our Government's
spending spree and provided phone numbers for our Senators and
Representatives.  A solid call to action, Greg.

Ray Pezolt  did not disappoint either with his "Who are those Guys?"
presentation.  An exemplary job showing us his abiliity to use PowerPoint
slides.  Did you know that Ray's company is so impressed with the skills he's
learned in our club that his company is shipping him around the nation to talk
about his company?  Yes, my friends, Ray is being paid to present.  I think we
should start charging him royalty fees so we too can get a piece of the action!

All the other players stepped up their roles as well.  I applaud every one of
you for how seriously you took your roles.

We had a guest (Terry) who a few years ago gave many presentions in his job.
He's since been laid off and is seeking employment and thought our group might
help him in his quest.  He was referred to our group from his wife who had
stopped by as a guest a "long time ago."  We blew him out of the water and he
heaped the praise on what he experienced.  Although it's not official, he just
might be sign up to be the third person in our waiting list.

Folks, this is what our club is all about.  All of us have learned from each
other, all stepping up to the occasion, all stretching ourselves.  Our
collective skills are growing faster than a mushroom.  Keep it up!

What a meeting.  If you were absent, you really missed it.

Next week is a new opportunity for FRTM.  Celena Collins is hosting "An Evening
in the Park."  At this meeting, Terry Boon will be rolling out his Mentorship
program.  This is a very important program that has been requested by many in
our group.  (E.B. Raines Park, 11801 Community Center Drive, Northglen, Cross
Streets I-25 & 120th)

Furthermore, I have some really exciting educational meetings planned as we
come into the fall.  Remember, my goal as your EVP is to raise the level of all
members one notch.  When the District 26 officers realize what we are doing,
they will be blown away!  The Mentorship Program is a cornerstone to some of
these activities.

Please, Please, Please , if you can make it next week, it will be worth your
while.

Keep on Talkin'...

Dirk Kittredge
Educational Vice President