[frgeek-michiana] scrap

  • From: Dale Neddeau <dneddeau@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 14:45:21 -0800 (PST)

 I think that most of the hard drives we have will
have aluminum disks, which by the way, weigh one oz.
per pair. Goose looked on the net and found out that
they are either ceramic of aluminum. I didn't believe
that anymore than I believed that the glue I used on
the laptop would hold, if the laptop does in fact stay
together, I'm bating zero, things can only get better
is the way I will look at that. Something to think
about, I took a monitor apart and let Sam the junk man
look at it and he had to call someone to get an answer
as to what they would give if anything for the circuit
boards. No luck, had to leave a message, I'll have to
call back later. But, he did say he would give us $.20
lb. for the yokes that weigh about 1.5 lbs each. Not
happy with that I took it home and got the copper wire
separated form the ferrite and at the price he gave me
for copper it would be worth about $1.30.

http://mail.yahoo.com