[frgeek-michiana] Warehouse for Tuesday night 02-09-2010

  • From: Richard Zimmerman <csxt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Free Geek Michiana <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2010 15:15:50 -0500

http://forecast.weather.gov//showsigwx.php?warnzone=INZ004&warncounty=INC141&firewxzone=INZ004&local_place1=South+Bend+IN&product1=Special+Weather+Statement

1) First, Chuq was forced to resign as Thursday night supervisor to focus on more immediate needs at home and school. Chuq, we thank you for your service and are look forward to helpfully a quick return!

With that said...

2) I really hate to do this especially since we have lost out Thursday supervisor. However, there is a significant winter storm brewing out West. Just a 100 miles South of us they are using the "B" word (Blizzard). Blizzard conditions right now are possible up here Tuesday day into evening. Also, it's quite possible our site host will not have plowed the areas where we park yet.

As a result, I am saying that us opening the warehouse is a MAYBE right now. I will have to watch weather conditions from Monday into Tuesday to see if I will cancel the warehouse or not. If conditions get bad enough, there is no sense in any of us being out in that kind of weather.

I will TRY to have the final answer for Tuesday posted by NOON time on Tuesday. By then I should have a real good picture of what is going on or might go on.

    Richard

---
Richard "Goose" Zimmerman, ke4rit
Mishawaka, IN