[frgeek-michiana] Re: Warehouse Plan of Attack

  • From: Mike Cook <mikecook@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 14:16:41 -0500

It would be trivial to add plugs if necessary. Thanks

Fr. Robert Bower wrote:
I have two fluorescent fixtures you can have. Be aware they are not plug in to an outlet fixtures but ones that need to be hard wired. I can't make the warehouse but I can bring them to the lug on Saturday.
Thanks,

Fr. Robert Bower
Batushka's Web Hosting & Design
frrobert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
574.850.7982
http://www.batushkas.com
http://www.batushkas.net

Mike Cook wrote:
Be careful of the $9.99 fluorescent fixtures, they usually have quite undersized ballasts and tend not to last very long. Often you wind up replacing the bulbs and fixtures. I would recommend using T8 fixtures w/ electronic ballasts. They are much more energy efficient, put out more and higher quality light. I would also recommend mounting them on the tables if possible so that the light is where we need it. I wouldn't hang the lights on a pulley system, I would mount them no more than 12' off the floor for maximum effectiveness. My impression was that the overall light level now is suitable for storage and we would only need additional lighting over the work areas where we are doing assembly and testing.

I won't be able to be there this Thursday, as I only have enough gas this week to go to work, but will be there next Tuesday.