[frgeek-michiana] Re: Vector 6.0

  • From: "Chuq Jackels" <chuq00@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 06:30:35 -0500

That is not the big problem, the problem is if they hack into your wep
(which by the way can take as few as 5 minutes!) is what they can do while
they are on there. They could hack and crash your computer, they could
release a virus attack, they could do something illegal. and guess what?
When the IP address gets checked it comes back to you!

Just a little FYI

Chuq

From: Kevin Yendes <kevin.yendes@xxxxxxxxx>
To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, February 18, 2025, 9:59

I would not use WEP it is very easy to crack WAP is much safer to use. We
have a guy at school that showed a few of us how easy it is to crack WEP. It
is not that hard.

Kevin

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 5:09 PM, john jones <rainman121065@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

ive tried with both wireless and ethernet wouldnt find any connection even
on an open source unsecured link it was unresponsive,i used 100meg isp, it
connected it was just slow and stalled alot... havent tried it online  with
desktop p3 using the internet but i plan on it