[frgeek-michiana] VL 5.8 too big to Ghost to CD

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: FreeGeek Michiana <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 09:44:15 -0500

Jay reports a successful Ghost clone of VL 5.8, even with compression at the highest setting, is 1 GB. Jay can make a DVD but not a CD. The standard VL footprint has outgrown CDs.

For the time being, we will use ISOs on CD to install VL 5.8, no problem there.

Going forward:
- Do we buy DVD drives/burners to install VL?
- Do we work out network installs?
- Do we stick with install ISOs on CDs?