[frgeek-michiana] Penguicon 7.0 revisited

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 10:52:36 -0500

Penquicon organizers are considering waiving the registration fee for our presenter. If they come through, I'm thinking I should present since I have the most experience in that vein, and 1-2 senior volunteers should go with me to help and to get a perk.

The reg fee appears to be $35 (per day?, for the whole weekend?), but may be higher. I propose FGM pay the reg fee for two senior volunteers. FGM will of course pay for the fuel round trip and incidental travel expenses, not including meals. If there is room, I don't see why anybody can't go, but only official reps are guaranteed seats in the car and get their reg fees paid.

The floor is open for counter proposals and nominations to represent us a Penguicon 7.0, May 1-3, 2009, at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Romulus, MI.

http://www.penguicon.org/
http://penguicon.info