[frgeek-michiana] Re: Lab Notes, 3/15/05

  • From: Richard Zimmerman <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 12:18:01 -0500

Tom Brown wrote:

:: Board Meeting Next Tuesday

We will hold a board of directors meeting next Tuesday at 7:00 p.m. I hope this allows everyone time to eat an evening meal. Email or phone (my cell, 298-2706) agenda items to me.

Noted. I can move (and will) move my Psych appointment for the meeting.

Jackie Morris is also due for an upgrade. Al Boits would like a machine to practice lessons from the Linux RUTE manual. He took a VL 3.2 hard drive home to install on his own PC but decided he would rather use a more recent distro. Al ordered the hard copy. The online version link is below.
//Tom

I don't know if this would be a topic of discussion or an update of the barn situation:

In my last trip down there I off-loaded demanufactured stuff I had laying around and brought 3 machines back for testing. I have 1-K6/233, 1-PII/233 and 1-PII-266 machines. One machine will need SDRAM as it has none of it's own. Two of the three have heavy rust where the slots are in the pack of the case. The cases themselves didn't rust but the really cheap inserts they used to cover them. All three of them do fire up and appear to function. I haven't built them up enough yet to know if they are good for free boxes or not.

However, I've got a good candidate for a 'testbed' that I have been talking about and will be working towards getting that build for demonstration and display. I'll try to have it for the board meeting.

I guess my question is, since we have an ample supply of donations coming in now for the systems themselves, do I want to suspend my efforts at the barn and focus on getting the DEMO server ready for the new lab?

Goose

--
Richard "Goose" Zimmerman
Safety Assistant / IT Guru
K&B Transport, Inc. - Elkhart, IN
(574) 389-1986   (574) 389-8527 Fax
(800) 548-2718   (574) 850-5764 Cell
begin:vcard
fn:Richard "Goose" Zimmerman
n:Zimmerman;Richard
org:K&B Transport Inc
adr:;;57510 CR 3 South;Elkhart;IN;46528-9795;USA
email;internet:richard@xxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Safety Assistant / IT Guru
tel;work:(574) 389-1986
tel;fax:(574) 389-8527