[frgeek-michiana] Re: Installed Ubuntu 10.04 LTS - Part 2

  • From: Tony Germano <tony_germano@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 10:21:48 -0400

I think it actually enables the "partner" repository at archive.canonical.com
that is commented out by default. That repo has things like adobe flashplayer,
acrobat reader, sun java, and a few other things.

From /etc/apt/sources.list:

## Uncomment the following two lines to add software from Canonical's
## 'partner' repository.
## This software is not part of Ubuntu, but is offered by Canonical and the
## respective vendors as a service to Ubuntu users.
# deb http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu lucid partner
# deb-src http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu lucid partner

Tony

http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_1**