[frgeek-michiana] Goose lab LTSP Progress

  • From: Richard Zimmerman <ke4rit@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Free Geek Michiana <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 20:06:44 -0500

To combact watching the Easter Bunny / Wiggles / Maisy tapes for the uptinth time <yeah right I love spending time with my daughter> I got the chance to test the LTSP setup! Except for a few minor changes in the /etc/exports and /etc/dhcp3/dhcpd.conf I got the Netvista to boot from the network! The X stuff worked just fine. John: S3 driver / Netvista is working just fine!

I'm presently installing VL 4.3 on the old K6-300 I have, then I'll pull the hard drive from that box and chain it to the LTSP server.

The plan is to just backup the configs, then mod them to look to the new hd partition for booting.

If that works then I'll look to running 'mknbi-linux' to pivot-root the VL 4.3 kernel.

I'm feeling pretty confident at the moment. Hopefully karma will still shine on me!

From the Goose lab...

Goose

You may unsubscribe or change your list settings by going to the list website at
<//www.freelists.org/webpage/frgeek-michiana>