[frgeek-michiana] Re: DSTS Eco-Fest commitment

  • From: Richard Zimmerman <csxt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 11:40:44 -0400

Tom Brown wrote:
Next Tuesday we will pull a color laser or wax transfer printer out of storage and test for producing handouts. Apparently, we have lots of wax sticks for the Tektronix wax transfer printer. I suspect a straight-up laser printer with a good cart and fuser will do a better job on plain black text and simple graphics.

If you all don't mind it, I've got a pretty darn good test document to work with. When my employer had a color laser printer we printed full color recruiting brochures complete with photos. They would make a great test document to test with. No I'm not looking for a bunch pf free printed brochures but they will give the printers a decent workout. I'll see if I can get them into a .pdf format. Either that or I'll have to use the laptop and Microsoft Publisher.

  FWIW,

  Richard