[frgeek-michiana] Re: Cheap dialup modem

  • From: Mike Cook <mikecook@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 13:32:09 +0800

Smartlink pci modems are supposed to work with puppy but there may be a problem
in 2.16.1

see: http://www.puppylinux.com/news/index.php?entry=entry070606-101550

The problem seems to be in the new version of alsa.  I would try one to see for
sure.  I've found v.92 modems to be slightly slower than v.90 modems but your
mileage may vary.  I think my provider uses v.90

Mike