[frgeek-michiana] Can't remember that Windows password? No problem.

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: FreeGeek Michiana <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 11:50:14 -0500

If you can't remember or never knew the Windows password, help is here.

Yesterday, a user at my major IT client made a mess of her machine by deleting herself as a user. The Administrator password was not documented so I couldn't log into the machine to help. I called Jay, thinking he must have dealt with this problem before at GWNI. Sure enough, he had. Jay sent me the url above and a copy of the program.

I ended up downloading a newer version of the software and made a boot floppy. Shazaam!!! I cleared the Administrator password, logged in, fixed a bunch of stuff (but not everything unfortunately) and logged out.

This is a must-have item in your sysadmin toolkit.

You may unsubscribe or change your list settings by going to the list website at
<//www.freelists.org/webpage/frgeek-michiana>