Re: of probable interest: 2,000,000 Florida residents support campaign to refuse their MDs' illegible prescriptions

Kate,
When we moved from California to Washington state, the doctors at Kaiser were
very sad to see my wife go.  She worked there as a medical transcriptionist,
and she was the only one who could read some of the doctors' exam notes!

TTFN,
Grem

--- Kate Gladstone <handwritingrepair@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I don't care what makes a prescription legible (good handwriting or
> electronics), as long as it works.
>       However, hospitals that "computerized everything" 3 or 5 or 10
> years ago still call for my services - because:
>
> /1/ even in a "100% computerized" hospital, about 1% - 5% of stuff
> still ends up handwritten: e.g., a doctor scribbles a Post-It note and
> slaps it on the wall of the nurses' station, or a doctor in an
> elevator scribbles on the cuff of his/her scrubs something that (say)
> the Chief of Surgery says to that doctor when the Chief gets on the
> elevator
>
> /2/ many a doctor, given a computer, will (sometimes or always) have
> his/her ward clerk use it - typing things in from the doctor's
> illegibly scribbled notes, thus perpetuating errors for a lifetime.
> And, yes, I have seen doctors print illegibly, too! - about half the
> doctors whom hospitals send to my classes actually *print* their
> writing but do not do this legibly enough for decipherment by either a
> human or an electronic eye.
>

>   Yours for better letters, Kate Gladstone -

in the Subject field. The email that you then receive MUST be replied to per
instructions to complete the process.