Re: Sheaffer Triumph - Clipless Model?

  • From: isaacson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: fptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 21:09:51 +0000 (UTC)

this issue has been raised couple times in chat amongst Ron Zorn, Kirchheimer
and me. I await a definitive answer.

But... the WW-II era Triumph pen and related "flush cap" model (at least the
Tucky) have same size cap for pens of both length. The long-barrel pen packs a
clip cap. The Tucky from this era tends to be clipless (not sure I've seen a
short "clasp" clip ever for such pens) though the post WW-II Sheaffers have
short clip on Tuckies. My suspicion is that to find a WW II era Triumph (thin
long flush cap1250) with no clip, or to find a Tucky with a clip, indicates a
Mix. But... i cannot prove that.

regards

David