Re: Fountain Pens in Iraq/Kuwait

  • From: "Eric D. Zamir-Zimmerman" <eric@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: ThomasL73@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 18:28:16 +0200

That's what I suspected. I doubt whether MB engages in that practice any longer.
Interesting, considering even the nazis didn't care about the star.
But if I were to find someone selling those, I would raise a major stink, AND I would probably boycott MB if I knew they were making them.
In fact, I suspect that far more "six-pointers" use MB's than do "triangles."
Furthermore, it may disturb the triangles to see a Bernstein or Menuhin (both well-known six-pointers) MB pen.
So maybe they boycott MB altogether these days.
Eric

On 10 May 2006, at 18:20, ThomasL73@xxxxxxx wrote:

Star has six points. Something about marketing to Arabs, who are not well disposed to six-pointed stars. Unbelievable, huh?

-Tom Levien

In a message dated 5/10/2006 2:28:00 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, eric@xxxxxxxx writes:
Why would a Montblanc pen have a triangle rather than a star?