Re: [foxboro] /var partition size

  • From: Ted Jirik <Ted.Jirik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 05:37:33 -0800

Brad,

Here is a link to a script which truncates these files but leaves the
last 60 messages.

http://www.computing.net/solaris/wwwboard/forum/3539.html

I have used it on 51b thru 51g machines. The Solaris 8 machines I worked
on didn't have the wtmp
file, only wtmpx so I modified the script to recognize Solaris 8 and
skip wtmp.

Ted