Re: [foxboro] horn.cfg and System alarms

  • From: "Lowell, Tim:" <tlowell@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 09:30:15 -0700

Problem #1 I'm not sure about.  Sending System alarms to a horn is something
we've never tried, so I can't really give you a good answer. I read in a CAR
on the CSC web site that the way to silence a Sys alarm that is configured
in horn.cfg is to hit the horn silence button on the Annunciator Keyboard or
the "Process" button if you have FoxView.  I think hitting any Annunciator
Keyboard key silences the horn, as well.  I don't think silencing the horn
has anything to do with the Sys key being solid or flashing or red or green.
It's kind of analogous to getting a process alarm.  It doesn't matter what
state the process block is in, the horn will go off and stay sounding until
you hit the button, regardless of whether the block returns from alarm or is
acknowledged, at least by default.  You can change the horn silencing
properties in init.user in the section HRN_OPT.

Problem #2 I agree, try the WP logical name of the AW.  Device Monitor
doesn't know from AW names, only WP logical names.  I'm pretty sure you have
to configure each AW with a WP logical name that is different than the AW
name in SysDef.  Click on SHOW...Available WP's in ICC to find the AW
logical name from the list.

Tim Lowell
Control Systems Engineer
Phillips Petroleum Company, Trainer Refinery
Phone:  610-364-8362
Fax:    610-364-8211
tlowell@xxxxxxxx