Re: [foxboro] Windsnows Question

  • From: <g.boram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 13:33:57 -0400

Robert,

        I believe the easiest way to disable/enable your USB ports is through
the Device Manager in Windoze. Start>Control Panel>System>Hardware Tab>Device
Manager  you should see the USB controllers at the bottom if you choose the USB
port you want to change then right click you will have the option to
Disable/Enable. Of course this only disables the USB port until someone chooses
to enable it again.

A shorter route is to run this command from  Start>Run  devmgmt.msc  scroll to
the USB controllers, find the one you want to change and right click for the
disable/enable option.

        I think there may also be a way to create groups (Admin, User, etc) and
you can hide the Device manager/ Manage function completely through the
registry for a particular group if chosen. Possibly a group policy available to
do this? I am not sure of the exact procedure to do this, maybe someone else in
the list can help with this.

Hope this helps.

Gaylen Boram
Dow Corning Corporation