Re: [foxboro] WinNT V6.4 time change DST

  • From: "Neufeld, Brahm" <Brahm.Neufeld@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2015 08:00:24 -0600

This probably won't address Joseph's question but I will share some
time-related knowledge.
We have a utility from Invensys Montreal called TCPtimesync aka I/A Timesync. I
am not sure if this is a cousin of NTP Timesync. Features:
- Allows Fox Master Timekeeper to be synced with an external source (eg
"business LAN" time through a firewall)
- Can generate an alarm if Fox time is out of sync with external source
- Designed to effect "small and gradual [time] adjustments to the MTK so as to
prevent the upset of I/A components that are sensitive to timing"
- Optional feature that, when enabled, adjusts to DST by shifting the MTK time
forwards or backward, seconds at a time over a 20-hour timespan. To avoid
one-hour history gaps or overlaps.

We had issues with our Wonderware Historian rejecting history values from our
Fox I/A system because the clocks drifted. This time of year I am happy to be
in Saskatchewan where we don't adjust our clocks.

Brahm