Re: [foxboro] Why are you staying with the DM? (was: 'Group' Visibility with DM)

  • From: "Schouten, Frits JF" <Frits.Schouten@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 08:26:39 +1200

We have here over 50 DMs, Alex.
Have you any idea what Foxboro charges for the privilege to move to
FoxView?
I've just upgraded three workstations to Blades running vers 7.1.
I believe that I could have chosen to start with either DM or FV as the
default display on the new workstations.=20
But here is the silly part. All additional DMs, migrated from the old
workstations, needed to be re-licensed if I had chosen to make FV the
default display.
Our local Foxboro rep did check this with Foxboro Singapore and they
were adamant that I had to repay for the display licenses.
That would have cost us an additional NZ$30,000 or so to do that.
On top of that all the engineering hours to 'fix' the new FV displays.

If it ain't broke, fix it until it is. I don't think so.

My 5cts worth.

Frits Schouten.=20