Re: [foxboro] What video card in a AW51b

  • From: kevin.niederberger@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 14:22:12 +1300

Frits,

Try ffbconfig.

A man listing will show how to find out what video resolutions and
frequencies the card is capable of.

Kevin Niederberger,
Systems Engineer,
Foxboro New Zealand
42 Vestey Drive, Mount Wellington.
P.O. Box 629, Auckland,
New Zealand.
Email: Kevin.Niederberger@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Phone: +64 9 573 7690
For the latest information on ArchestrA, go to
www.invensys.com/divisions/Archestra.html

                    "Schouten, Frits

                    JF"                       To:     "Foxboro DCS Mail List
(E-mail)"
                    <Frits.Schouten@bhp        <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

                    steel.com>                cc:

                    Sent by:                  Subject:     [foxboro] What video
card in a AW51b
                    foxboro-bounce@free

                    lists.org

                    10/03/2003 13:51

                    Please respond to

                    foxboro

Hello all,

How can I find out, without popping the lid of the AW51b, what video card
is
installed?
I want to change the resolution.

The AW is actively in use and I can't remove it to examine but the screen
let the smoke out and I have to replace it with someting else.
I've tried a few CRT's but they indicate a too high refresh rate.
The Compaq LCD 1701 seems to do the job but only half. There is a black
vertical bar (3cm) on the left hand side.

Once I've found out which card it is, how can I change the refresh rate?

Thanks,

Frits Schouten
Process Computing Department
New Zealand Steel
Phone:   +64 +9 375 8111 ext 5261
Email:   Frits.Schouten@xxxxxxxxxxxx

EOM

NOTICE - This message and any attached files may contain information that
is
confidential and/or subject of legal privilege intended only for use by the
intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient or the person
responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, be
advised
that you have received this message in error and that any dissemination,
copying or use of this message or attachment is strictly forbidden, as is
the disclosure of the information therein.  If you have received this
message in error please notify the sender immediately and delete the
message.