Re: [foxboro] Weird characters in LOOPID field

  • From: <tom.vandewater@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 08:18:15 -0400

Tim,
        We have seen weird control characters in the ICC before and for
us it coincided with corruption of the CP's workfile.  We have also seen
mismatch of parameter values when looking at blocks from within the ICC.
However, we were able to perform a Saveall, and then do a Loadall on an
offline CP successfully and the weird characters were not propagated.
We aren't sure what caused the corruption but we have seen it on more
than one occasion.  Your symptom sounds a little different if the weird
characters only show up in the LOOPID field of the Compound Block.
Cheers,
Tom VandeWater