Re: [foxboro] Scratch Pad question

  • From: "de Waal, Marco" <marco.dewaal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 17:27:54 -0500

Troy,

The Trend-Scratchpad uses the master trendfiles in
/opt/fox/displib/Scratchpads/Common:
master_trnd_eighth.fdf
master_trnd_full.fdf
master_trnd_half.fdf
master_trnd_quartr.fdf

When assigning a trend to a scratchpad button, the Save button will
launch the script: /opt/fox/displib/ScratchPads/Common/copy_trend.script
which copies the chosen trend to the customer Scratchpads directory of
the active environment.

For example: Assinging a 1/4 trend to the 1st scratchpad button in
Operator environment will copy the master_trnd_quartr.fdf to:
/opt/customer/Scratchpads/Operator/Trends/trend1.fdf

Each master trendfile contains a symbol, for example the
master_trend_quartr.fdf uses: /opt/fox/displib/Trends/Overlay_Trend.m1
You can create new symbols with the colors you desire (including the
boxes with the parameters) and use these on the master trendfiles
instead of the default ones (I would place these new symbols in
/opt/customer/displib/Trends). I would backup the new master_trnd*.fdf
files when upgrading FoxView, I think they will be overwritten. =

You can also modify the original symbols, then you need to backup these
when upgrading/reinstalling FoxView/FoxDraw, they also will be
overwritten when upgrading/reinstalling FoxView/FoxDraw.

I hope this helps you a little bit?

Regards,

Marco de Waal =

Invensys Systems N.V.
Baarnsche dijk 10, 3741 LS Baarn, The Netherlands

marco.dewaal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx / www.invensys-systems.nl

Avantis * Eurotherm * Foxboro * SimSci * Triconex * Wonderware

 =