Re: [foxboro] Remote IO with FCP

  • From: "Johnson, Alex P \(IPS\)" <alex.johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 09:39:35 -0400

As implied in Russ's and Scott's replies, but not directly stated, these
modules do not connect to the Mesh Control Network.

One other interesting point, they do not require letterbugs so they do
not have to occupy one of the 32 baseplate slots. Thus, you could put a
pair on a baseplate with the FCP take it to a FO hub and fan out to
multiple (up to 4) 2 slot baseplates which can then attach to 1 (or more
depending) FBM carrying baseplates.

The new FEM allows you to take this further and have many drops each
with many baseplates.

Of course, none of this expansion capability makes the FCP's I/O
processor faster so you need to be sure you don't overload it.

PS. They really should not have been called FCMs because they don't do
what "real" FCMs do. They are simply FO repeaters.

Invensys Systems, Inc.
10900 Equity Drive
Houston, TX 77041
713.329.8472 (voice)