Re: [foxboro] Modbus Multidrop

  • From: "Airhart, Chad M." <Chad.Airhart@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 08:34:01 -0500

On one integrator we currently are direct connected to a data server
from ABB that provides analyzer data using Modbus protocol from the
RS-232 port.  We will be adding a server from another GC vendor
(Siemens) to do basically the same thing in the same way. =20

The other integrator will be connecting to two different redundant pairs
of Detector Electronics controllers for gas detectors.  These
controllers have 485 terminal connections to provide Modbus by.  The
only conversion would have to be to the P0970VB configuration selector
which has the 25 pin 232 D connector.

I assume in both cases the dip switches on the P0970VB configuration
selector are set as if talking to a 584 PC.  The first integrator is set
that way now.  The manual is not real clear.

Chad M. Airhart=20
Principal Engineer - Lyondell Chemical Co.=20
Instrument, Electrical and Control Systems Engineering=20
Victoria Plant=20
Ph. (361)572-2568=20
Fx. (361)572-2541=20
Cell. (361)935-3230