Re: [foxboro] Remote Client Foxviews

  • From: "Badura, Tom" <tbadura@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 13:41:24 -0500

Thank you for the responses and suggestions Terry and Foxpat.  I have
solved one of my problems.  The Remote Clients do now open in the
initial environment configured in the TYPE defined in the dmcfg file as
Terry described.  The secret was in the fv_cmds file.  I was calling a
specific Initial Environment ($OPTFOX/env/Initial.env) for all DMs
instead of allowing each to startup in its own configured environment
($ENV1).  I had to comment / uncomment the lines as below and all is
well.

#$SYSDIR/Change_Env/Init_Env # call in initial environment
#$OPTFOX/env/Initial.env # call in initial environment
$ENV1 #call in configured first environment
#$FVENV1 #call in the configured FoxView first environment

I still have a question on using the passwd DM Command.  Does anyone
know if this command works in FoxView? Every time I try to use this
command the script just hangs. If I were to take (an uneducated) guess,
it appears it is trying to open a dialog box that does not exist or does
not work on my Windows Foxview system.

Thanks again for the help,

Tom Badura
Plastics Engineering Company