Re: [foxboro] RAID Drives

  • From: Ken.E.Moore@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 07:06:37 -0400

We have an AW70x with a Raid 1 external. It has been nothing but trouble,
several drive failures,
holster failures, cable trouble etc... This machine is circa 1996, and we
have a lot of trouble getting
hardware support. Our system has been deemed obsolete by Foxboro. We have
to wait 4-6 weeks for
any kind of replacement hardware. We are currently exploring other options.
If you would like more
detailed information, drop me an email.

Ken Moore
NSCC
Wdrf-plant

"Williams, Dave G SUKOP-CME/72/04" <Dave.G.Williams@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
@freelists.org on 07/04/2002 08:01:14 AM

Please respond to foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent by:  foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

To:   "'Foxboro DCS Mail List'" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc:    (bcc: Ken E Moore/US/NSC/ICI)
Subject:  [foxboro] RAID Drives

Would appreciate any feedback regarding reliability of the Foxboro supplied
RAID drives.  Searching the achieve there has not been a lot of traffic
regarding this issue.  We have mixed experience on site.  Seems it either
very reliable or equally very unreliable with nothing in the middle.

Dave Williams
Snr Power and Control Engineer
Shell UK Oil Products Limited
Stanlow Manufacturing Complex, PO Box 3, Ellesmere Port, South Wirral CH65
4HB, United Kingdom

Tel: +44(0)151350 4480 Fax: 4566 Other Tel: +44 (0)7799 657836
Email: dave.g.williams@xxxxxxxxx
Internet: http://www.shell.co.uk

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
This email is confidential, may be legally privileged, and is for the
intended recipient only.  Access, disclosure, copying, distribution, or
reliance on any of it by anyone else is prohibited and may be a criminal
offence.  Please delete if obtained in error and email confirmation to the
sender.