Re: [foxboro] Op panel part 2

  • From: Kevin FitzGerrell <fitzgerrell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 09:02:59 +1300 (NZDT)

Brian,

If you can support CP60 with FBM223 or FBM224 there are any number of field
panels with a built in HMI that can interface to the DCS via the Profibus or
Modbus FBMs.  Most I've seen are small embedded PCs with a touchscreen LCD
running a simple HMI.  Maple, Xycom, Siemens and Ecopanel all have products like
this.

The products which support Modbus could also integrate with I/A via a Modbus
gateway (Integrator 30 or AW integrator) if you can't support the FBM 223 or
224.

Take a look also at our Foxboro A2 T800 visual panel station and controller,
which can interface to the I/A system via Modbus.

Regards,

Kevin FitzGerrell
Systems Engineer
Foxboro New Zealand