Re: [foxboro] Global Variable Connections

  • From: "Grace, Kathy" <kathy.grace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 09:51:51 -0400

Sean,

Even though this may work, I do not recommend it and it is not supported
behavior. ALMCNT, ALMSTATE, and other variables are created by the
hiinit process at boot for the Alarm Manager. They are considered
workstation global variables (know and available to the workstation
processes). Connections to these variables are not supported. No other
process should be altering these variables nor should they be deleting
and recreating them. This could cause unexpected problems with the AM.

Kathy