Re: [foxboro] Foxapi Applications

  • From: "Wolf, John L." <jlwolf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 10:40:25 -0700

Hi Joe.
A solution I employ was given to me by Ron Deen via the list.  I've modified
it slightly to fit our installation, but it works every time.  Here is the
email Ron sent to me:

*****************************
What I did for PI:
In the script that starts the PI client I added a test for the presence of
the FoxAPI progs.
The count of 5 programs (-lt 5) includes the "grep foxapi" utility of
course.

while [ `ps -ef|grep foxapi|wc -l` -lt 5 ]
do
   echo "Foxapi not running yet"
   sleep 10
done

After this I run the PI start script.
Simple but at least a bit conditional. You can make it more intelligent of
course...

Hope it answers your question.

      John L. Wolf
  Systems Analyst