Re: [foxboro] Followup to disapearing alarm manager

  • From: "Grace, Kathy" <kathy.grace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 13:36:32 -0400

RE:  kill -9 15993 ,(replacing 15993 with the PID # returned by your grep)

You should never kill the AM in this manner (or from Task Manager on NT or
XP, for that matter). This will leave those OM lists open that you are
concerned about. If the AM is indeed running try the following:

        pref -<amname> amcmd "quitam on; exit"

This will gracefully shutdown the AM and close any open lists.

Kathy