Re: [foxboro] Flow Charts and ICC

  • From: dirk.pauwels@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 09:33:31 +0100

Works fine, I've just started to use it and I'm impressed with all the
possibilities. It's too expensive just to use an a flow chart program, but
if you consider it keeps track of all changes (operator and ICC/IACC),
registers all alarms, offers possibility to analyse these alarms, shows all
block references, you can look up code references, check system integrity,
and so much more it's worth the money.
check out http://www.limewarecompany.com/foxray.html

If you're only looking for flowcharts programs I have been using Visio
quite intensive in the past. Works fine, but off course everytime you
change the code you have to remember to update the flowchart as well, which
is a bother....

Rgds,

Dirk Pauwels - DCS/MOC coordinator
Engineering dept.
Hexion Specialty Chemicals
E mail: dirk.pauwels@xxxxxxxxxx
T.  +32.(0)3.570.95.97
F.  +32.(0)3.570.16.09
Mob. +32.(0)497.428.300

             "Douglas G.
             Lloyd"
             <doug@dglcontrols                                          To
             .com>                     <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
             foxboro-bounce@fr
             eelists.org                                           Subject
                                       Re: [foxboro] Flow Charts and ICC

             11/12/2008 02:54

             Please respond to
             foxboro@freelists
                   .org

Larry,

Another 3rd party option to consider is LimeWare/foxray which automatically
draws block connection diagrams plus flowcharts of HLBL code plus logic
flow
diagrams for CALC type blocks...

Regards,
Doug