Re: [foxboro] Float Star Communication with DCS

  • From: Eddie Hague - FieldServer <ehague@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 17:36:01 -0800

I can answer the SA85 hardware issue: Absolutely it can be configured as a
slave device - we use it as such all the time for our gateway devices
(FieldServers). Obviously the driver software you are using with the SA85
needs to be written to incorporate slave mode operation.

We could help you with a Modbus-Plus to Modbus/TCP  link and get the SA85
card out of your server - contact me if you are interested.

Edward Hague
CTO
FieldServer Technologies
408 262 2299