Re: [foxboro] Delayed Coker on IA

  • From: Harshad Viradia <harshad_viradia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 01:57:45 -0700 (PDT)

Reliance Petroleum, India using I/A for Delayed Coker Unit. CP40As are used and
Triconex for Safety system. I don't exactly remember the configuration now, but
used to have nice allocations of I/Os distributed across many CP40s without
much of CP loading issues. I remember, there used to be very few peer-to-peer
connections to other areas. This coker I/A node was part of other refinery
nodes (around 20nodes or so). I think they have upgraded their system to newer
version (7 or 8) not sure..

  Best regards,

  Harshad
"Doucet, Terrence" <tdoucet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  List,

Is there anyone controlling Delayed Cokers with IA ? What kind of CP are you
using CP30, 40, 60, 270 ? Did you get all the control into one CP?

How many Coke drums ?

Is there a safety shutdown like Triconex or Honeywell FSC or other involved in
the Coker?

Are there peer connections to other process areas? Howmany ? Rough estimate is
OK.

Any other information you might care to offer.

I have checked cokedrum and coking web sites but there do not seem to be
control system specific areas on these web sites.

Thank you,

Terry
-- Type: application/ms-tnef
-- File: winmail.dat