Re: [foxboro] CP load thresh hold

  • From: "Joseph M. Riccardi" <Joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 09:02:19 -0400

Dirk,

On my last project we had major issues with overloaded FCP270s for a variety
of reasons.  From memory there are 5 basic limits the FCP270s have (I think
Alex J. documented them in detail in an e-mail to this list about 8-10
months ago); memory, total number of blocks, number of blocks per second,
number of om lists, etc.  As for Idle Time, I remember finding documentation
that recommended 10% or 20% (depending on which document I found) minimum
idle time.  This 10%-20% minimum was required for standard overhead
functions, abnormal alarm handling (we had unique requirements for alarm
flooding), additional om lists (we had unique requirements for abnormal
display call ups in an emergency conditions), Sequence block loading is not
consistent, etc.  We were in a difficult situation where we had to split
approximately 2 dozen FCP270s to retain the future expansion requirements
specified.  However, under normal conditions, I follow guidelines similar to
what Kevin recommended below; 25% Idle Time...

It's not black or white so good luck...

Joseph M. Riccardi

386-441-0250 Office
386-451-7607 Cell

Joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

"To give real service you must add something that cannot be bought or
measured with money; and that is sincerity and integrity." - Donald A. Adams