Re: [foxboro] Bulging Capacitors in P92 (P0923LT)

  • From: Michael Toecker <michael.toecker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 11:31:39 -0400

We found the issues with the model of capacitor online as well, and it
looks like the caps we had replaced are generally considered "poor".  The
problem is, wikis and forums aren't product notifications and IOMs.  :)
The environmental conditions of these servers are generally good.
Installed in climate controlled areas, with AC, humidity monitored, plus
high temp alarms.  I hear that the water content of some of these caps is
high, and loss of water due to high heat or low humidity will eventually
kill an electrolytic, but we've got decent environmental to help mitigate.

Mike

Michael Toecker